Last modified October 2016
The Green Grid Association (the “Association,” “we,” “our,” or “us”) respects your privacy and is committed to protecting it through our compliance with this policy. This policy describes the types of information we may collect from you or that you may provide when you visit the website www.thegreengrid.org (our “Website”) and our practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting and disclosing that information.
1. SCOPE AND APPLICATION
This policy applies to information we collect on this Website; in e-mail, text and other electronic messages between you and this Website; and when you interact with our advertising and applications on third-party websites and services, if those applications or advertising include links to this policy. This policy does not apply to information collected by us offline or through any other means, including on any other website operated by Association or any third party (including our members and affiliates); or any third party (including our members and affiliates), including through any application or content (including advertising) that may link to or be accessible from or on the Website.
3. CHILDREN UNDER THE AGE OF 13
Our Website is not intended for children under 13 years of age. We do not knowingly collect Personal Information (defined below) from children under 13. If you are under 13, do not use or provide any information on this Website. If we learn we have collected or received Personal Information from a child under 13 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 13, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
4. INFORMATION WE COLLECT ABOUT YOU AND HOW WE COLLECT IT
4.1 In General. We collect several types of information from and about users of our Website, including:
- Information by which you may be personally identified, such as name, postal address, e-mail address or telephone number (“Personal Information”);
- information that is about you but individually does not identify you; and/or
- information about your internet connection, the equipment you use to access our Website and usage details.
We collect this information:
- Directly from you when you provide it to us.
- Automatically as you navigate through the site. Information collected automatically may include usage details, IP addresses and information collected through cookies, web beacons, and other tracking technologies.
4.2 Information You Provide to Us. The information we collect on or through our Website may include:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our Website. This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our Website, subscribing to our service, posting material, or requesting further services. We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with our Website.
- Records and copies of your correspondence (including e-mail addresses), if you contact us.
- Your responses to surveys that we might ask you to complete for research purposes.
You also may provide, submit, or post information or content to be published or displayed (hereinafter, “posted”) on public areas of the Website, or transmitted to other users of the Website or third parties (collectively, “User Contributions”). Your User Contributions are posted on and transmitted to others at your own risk. Although we limit access to certain pages, please be aware that no security measures are perfect or impenetrable. Additionally, we cannot control the actions of other users of the Website who access your User Contributions.
4.3 Usage Details, IP Addresses and Other Technologies. As you navigate through and interact with our Website, we may automatically collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions and patterns, including:
- Details of your visits to our Website, including traffic data, logs and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on the Website.
- Information about your computer and internet connection, including your IP address, operating system and browser type.
The information we collect automatically is statistical data. It helps us to improve our Website and to deliver a better and more personalized service by enabling us to:
- Estimate our audience size and usage patterns.
- Store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize our Website according to your individual interests.
- Speed up your searches.
- Recognize you when you return to our Website.
The technologies we use for this automatic data collection may include:
- Web Beacons. Pages of our Website and our e-mails may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs pixel tags and single-pixel gifs) that permit the Association, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or opened an e-mail and for other related website statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain website content and verifying system and server integrity).
We do not collect Personal Information automatically, but we may tie this information to personal information about you that we collect from other sources or you provide to us.
5. HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information, to present our Website and its contents to you; to provide you with information, products or services that you request from us; to fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it; to carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection; to notify you about changes to our Website or any services we offer or provide though it; to allow you to participate in interactive features on our Website; in any other way we may describe when you provide the information; for any other purpose with your consent; and to comply with any court order, law, or legal process.
We may also use information that we cannot use to identify you personally in order to optimize and to improve our services; to provide custom, personalized content through the Website; to display targeted advertisements; for any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information; or to protect the rights, property, or safety of the Association, our customers or others.
We may use the information we have collected from you to enable us to display advertisements to our advertisers’ target audiences. Even though we do not disclose your personal information for these purposes without your consent, if you click on or otherwise interact with an advertisement, the advertiser may assume that you meet its target criteria.
6. HOW WE SHARE YOUR INFORMATION
Except as otherwise provided herein, the Association will not rent or sell your Personal Information to others without your express consent. We may disclose Personal Information that we collect to third parties that assist us in providing services to you who are bound by contractual obligations to keep your Personal Information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them; or for any of the purposes described in How We Use Your Information above; or with your consent. We may also transfer your information to a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution or other sale or transfer of some or all of the Association’s assets related to the Website.
The Association may use and disclose aggregated, or otherwise anonymized information that does not relate to an identifiable natural person without restriction. For example, we may share anonymous usage data with third party analytics providers to help them and us understand the usage patterns for the Website so that we can better consider new features or enhance our services.
7. THIRD PARTY INFORMATION COLLECTION AND USE FOR ONLINE BEHAVIORAL ADVERTISING
8. CHOICES ABOUT YOUR INFORMATION
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the Personal Information you provide to us. We have created mechanisms to provide you with the following control over your information:
- Marketing Emails. When you provide your email address to us through the Website, we may provide you with the option to sign up to receive marketing emails from us. Even if you have previously consented to receiving marketing emails from us, if you do not want us to use your e-mail address to promote our own or third parties’ products or services to you, you can opt out by clicking on the “unsubscribe” link in any marketing e-mail we send you. Note that you cannot opt out of receiving non-marketing e-mails from us (e.g., email messages we send to notify you of changes in your account, to confirm a transaction, or to provide you with a means for resetting your password).
We do not control third parties’ collection or use of your information to serve interest-based advertising. However these third parties may provide you with ways to choose not to have your information collected or used in this way.
- Targeted Advertising by Third Parties. We do not control third parties’ collection or use of your information to serve interest-based advertising. However, these third parties may provide you with ways to choose not to have your information collected or used in this way. In general, to find out more about how to opt out of receiving targeted ads from a particular advertiser click on the AdChoices icon or link (or similar icon or link) appearing in or near the ad. You can also opt out of receiving targeted ads from members of certain ad networks as follows:
9. ACCESSING AND CORRECTING YOUR INFORMATION
If you are a registered user of the Website, you can review and change your Personal Information by logging into the Website and visiting your account profile page. You may also send us an e-mail at email@example.com to request access to, correct or delete any Personal Information that you have provided to us. In some cases, we cannot delete your Personal Information except by also deleting your user account. We may not accommodate a request to change information if we believe the change would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect.
If you delete your User Contributions from the Website, copies of your User Contributions may remain viewable in cached and archived pages, or might have been copied or stored by other Website users. Proper access and use of information provided on the Website, including User Contributions, is governed by our Terms and Conditions of Use, available at www.thegreengrid.org/termsandconditions.
10. YOUR CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS
California Civil Code Section § 1798.83 permits users of our Website that are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of Personal Information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or write us at: The Green Grid Administration, 3855 SW 153rd Drive, Beaverton, Oregon 97003, USA.
11. DATA SECURITY
We have implemented reasonable measures designed to secure your Personal Information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration and disclosure.
The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password for access to certain parts of our Website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the Internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your Personal Information, we cannot guarantee the security of your Personal Information transmitted to our Website. Any transmission of Personal Information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Website.
12. CONTACT INFORMATION