Independent storage analysts take notice of IBM Storage… shouldn’t you?
When making any big decision it’s imperative to do your research. When you can rely on experts, it helps to dramatically reduce your risk. If you are considering your next vehicle purchase, you turn to Consumer Reports or one of the leading automotive magazines. You’ll call a qualified financial advisor to help you invest wisely for you and your family’s future.
Seeking out advice from experts is critical in the fast-paced world of the data-driven hybrid multicloud enterprise and the essential storage infrastructure you need to deploy. It’s impossible to stay up-to-date with all of the latest news, so whether you are at the very early stages of evaluating a new solution for your cloud deployment or you’re trying to break a tie between shortlisted storage vendors, the input and perspective of seasoned storage analysts is invaluable.
Accessing analyst insights and opinions can happen in various ways, with published reports being a great starting point. The storage analyst community has recognized the important value IBM Storage brings to the modern 24x7x365 company. These analysts have published a number of reports that discuss the leadership and value delivered by IBM’s broad storage portfolio across a range of data needs, offerings and programs:
- In October IBM was positioned in the leader quadrant of the 2018 Gartner Magic Quadrant for General Purpose Disk Arrays for the sixth consecutive year for IBM XIV, Storwize & DS8000.
- For the third year in a row IBM was named to the leader quadrant for IBM Spectrum Scale & IBM Cloud Object Storage in the 2018 Gartner Magic Quadrant for Distributed File Systems and Object Storage. Furthermore, IBM Cloud Object Storage was listed as a Leader in IDC MarketScape: Worldwide Object-Based Storage 2018 Vendor Assessment, published in June of 2018.
- In July of 2018, for the fifth year in a row, IBM’s all-flash portfolio was named to the leader quadrant in the Gartner Magic Quadrant for Solid-State Arrays.
- Gartner continued to recognize IBM Spectrum Protect as a leader for the seventh consecutive year in the Gartner Magic Quadrant for Data Center Backup & Recovery Solutions with its most recent release in July of 2017.
- In June of 2018 IBM Storage & IBM PartnerWorld were named a 2018 Channel Acceleration Partner Loyalty Award Winner by Enterprise Strategy Group (ESG).
While these reports provide a wealth of insight in a succinct format, a thorough evaluation requires you to draw on other analyst resources. Maybe reviewing additional primary survey data will aid your decision process. A 1:1 consult might be needed to meet your unique storage requirements.
The good news is that IBM Storage and Gartner will be under the same roof this week in Las Vegas as IBM is a Premier Sponsor of the 2018 Gartner IT Infrastructure, Operations and Cloud Strategies Conference. In addition to hearing directly from leading Gartner analysts, you’ll have the opportunity to stop by IBM booth #435 to meet IBM Storage execs and subject matter experts to extend your knowledge of the leading data storage solutions according to independent analysts.
Disclaimer: Gartner does not endorse any vendor, product or service depicted in its research publications, and does not advise technology users to select only those vendors with the highest ratings or other designation. Gartner research publications consist of the opinions of Gartner’s research organization and should not be construed as statements of fact. Gartner disclaims all warranties, expressed or implied, with respect to this research, including any warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose
The post Independent storage analysts take notice of IBM Storage… shouldn’t you? appeared first on IBM IT Infrastructure Blog.