Announcing IBM Cloud Hyper Protect DBaaS for MongoDB
As business leaders look to leverage the cloud, enterprises in highly regulated industries are typically concerned about protecting confidential and sensitive customer data. We have seen that public reports of unauthorized user access, encryption details, or exposure of data by internal users have been rising at an alarming rate. Given the high average cost of a security breach ($3.86M per a 2018 Ponemon Cost of Data Breach Study, sponsored by IBM), it is no wonder security is top of mind.
To support the needs of customers requiring complete data confidentiality for mission-critical applications as well as the agility of cloud, IBM Cloud is excited to announce the general availability of IBM Cloud Hyper Protect DBaaS for MongoDB out of the Dallas Data Center, with support for MongoDB Enterprise Advanced.
Complementary to MongoDB Atlas and IBM Cloud Databases for MongoDB, IBM Cloud Hyper Protect DBaaS is designed to allow customers to provision highly secured MongoDB databases on IBM Cloud. It is built on IBM LinuxONE technology which provides built-in workload isolation, tamper protection from privileged user access and vertical scalability and performance. The service is designed to allow data owners to maintain control over their data in the cloud, and no one—including the cloud administrator—has access to customer data at any point.
Designed to be developer-friendly and managed by IBM, the offer provides:
- Standard APIs to provision, manage, maintain and monitor multiple database types, so it is easy to get started without the need to have specialized DBA skills.
- High availability where every deployment is built as a highly available clustered configuration. There are three node clusters for each deployed instance hosted on LinuxONE in a Multi-Zone Region (MZR) setup within an IBM Cloud Region.
- Automatic daily backups and around the clock support from IBM Cloud.
- Designed to support many industry certifications and client regulatory compliance activities.
- A simple, three-tiered monthly pricing model which includes the cost for RAM, storage and a highly available three-node cluster.
“This is an exciting expansion of the MongoDB and IBM OEM partnership on IBM Cloud. Hyper Protect DBaaS for MongoDB marries the performance, security and scale that customers expect from the LinuxONE brand with the easy consumption that developers expect today,” said Alan Chhabra, SVP of WW Partners for MongoDB. “This is a great solution for organizations with strict data policies looking to reap the benefits from automation and the IBM Cloud.”
The service is now available from the Dallas Data Center, with Europe and Asia-Pacific planned for Q3.
Try IBM Cloud Hyper Protect DBaaS for MongoDB today!
The post Announcing IBM Cloud Hyper Protect DBaaS for MongoDB appeared first on IBM IT Infrastructure Blog.